There are times when you swipe your credit card and debit card at an ATM machine, but it fails to dispense cash. This is one of the worse nightmares of customers coming true. In most cases it is due to a problem with the ATM machine or the server. But, you need to remember that this could also be because of a problem with your ATM card. To make sure you do not lose your hard-earned money, you should immediately file a complaint with the bank. The country’s largest lender State Bank of India or SBI has provided this service to its customers where they can file the complaint online through its official website.
Here are the steps to register a complaint with State Bank of India through onlinesbi.com –
1. Log in to the official SBI website and go to the CMS portal.
2. Fill in the details like Customer Type, Account Number, Name of Complainant, Branch Code, Mobile Number, Email ID, Category of Complaint, Product & Services, and Nature of Complaint.
3. Enter the Captcha code and submit.
4. you will given a complaint number through which you can know the status of your complaint. You will also receive the complaint number through SMS and email.
5. You can also track the complaint online through the CMS portal.
The bank claims that the complaint will be resolved within seven days. You will also receive a message about what action has been taken on your complaint.
Other ways to file complaint
In case you are not able to access the website, you can register grievances through other methods too. For this, you can contact the help desk by calling the toll-free numbers 1800 112 211 or 1800 425 3800. Here, you will have to provide your complaint number to know the status. The other way is to approach the official responsible for complaints resolution in the branch. If in case you feel that your complaint has not been resolved then it is advisable to escalate it.
If the matter is not resolved even after this, you can approach the Banking Ombudsman by writing a complaint or filing an online complaint.