Finance Ministry also said that there are over 4 crores, active customers, availing mobile and internet banking. The figures state that there has been a 140% increase in financial transactions through mobile and internet banking and an almost 50% increase in transactions through digital channels.
Wherever you are in India, you can bank when sitting at home by contacting the bank’s call centers, web portal, and mobile app. This service will be particularly helpful for senior citizens and ‘Divyangs’.
The doorstep banking agents appointed by select service providers from across 100 centers will cater to this service. According to guidelines from the RBI, banks should offer picking of cash and instruments and dropping of demand drafts.
What Services Can You Avail From This Initiative?
Through these mediums, the customers would also be able to carry out some non-financial services like
- Track service requests
- Pick up of cheque, demand draft (DD), pay order,
- Pick up new chequebook requisition slip,
- 15G/15H forms,
- IT/GST challan,
- Request for account statement,
- Delivery of non-personalized chequebook,
- Delivery of term deposit receipt, acknowledgment,
- Delivery of TDS/Form 16 certificate issuance,
- Delivery of prepaid instrument, gift card.
What Does the Government Have to Say?
The doorstep banking services initiative was inaugurated at a virtual event and was attended by the Secretary of Department of Financial Services Debasish Panda and Chairman of IBA Rajnish Kumar…….Read More>>